Keep putting one foot in front of the other

Keep putting one foot in front of the other: This is something that my mother said over and over again when I was a child. It didn't mean much to me until I was an adult and actually experienced hardships that slowed me down. Now when bad things happen, I remember her words and it helps me get perspective.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

White Christmas

Do you love the movie White Christmas as much as I do? This movie holds so much nostalgia for me...when I was growing up it was aired on tv once every year. It was the highlight of the year for me! I waited up to watch it on channel 9 in Chicago and relished it each year. Now I have it on DVD and AMC shows it all the time (as they are tonight). I cannot see it enough and my husband just has enough of it. But...my husband puts up with my watching it endlessly because he loves me. Why do I like it so much? Because it was limited in its showing 40 years ago? Maybe. Because it tells the story of love? Maybe. Because it is a great musical? Maybe.

I can't tell you why this movie evokes such emotion in me. It reminds me of my childhood and the warmth of Christmas......I love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment