Keep putting one foot in front of the other

Keep putting one foot in front of the other: This is something that my mother said over and over again when I was a child. It didn't mean much to me until I was an adult and actually experienced hardships that slowed me down. Now when bad things happen, I remember her words and it helps me get perspective.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Good luck to Egypt's people!

It is true that the souls in people yearn for freedom. What happened in Egypt this week is more than extraordinary. It shook up a lot of people and energized even more. The U.S. must support the people's efforts for democracy - I hope they will let us help. The fact that demographic changes played such an important role is amazing. Most of the protestors were younger than 30, and had known no other leader except Mubarak. The images of happiness, tears of joy, and the determination on the faces of the people have been seen around the world. It made me wonder what would have happened here in the U.S. if the Revolutionary war was influenced by immediate communication such as Facebook and Twitter. The fact that news traveled slowly then worked both to advantage and disadvantage for sure. Good luck to the people of Egypt. What a proud time for you,

No comments:

Post a Comment